Anfibio Correct Use
Shaft height is wrong
It is very important to adjust the shaft to your height correctly to be able to search without discomfort and fatigue.
Shaft height is correct
Adjust the height of the shaft so that you are standing in an upright position, your arm is relaxed and the search coil is approximately 5cm (~2”) above the ground.
CORRECT WAY OF SWEEPING
Wrong search coil angle
Correct search coil angle
Incorrect way of sweeping
It is important to keep the search coil parallel to the ground in order to get accurate results.
Correct way of sweeping
The search coil must be parallel to the ground at all times.
1) Assemble the device as per the instructions on page 1.
2) Push the on/off button to turn on the device.
3) When the device is turned on, it will start in the 2 TONE mode. You can change the mode based on ground conditions. For instance, if you are detecting on wet beach sand, you may want to select the BEACH mode if you are using the Anfibio 14 or Anfibio Multi models. In addition, the Anfibio Multi starts in 14kHz operating frequency. You can also change the frequency of the device on this model. You can find more details on search modes and frequencies further in this manual.
4) To ground balance, push and hold the GB button and pump the search coil up and down to 3cm (1.2”) above the ground until a “beep” sound is heard.
5) You can increase the GAIN if needed. Increasing the gain will offer you greater depth. However, if the surroundings or the ground cause excessive noise in the device, you need to lower the gain setting.
6) Testing the device with various metals would be helpful for getting familiar with the sounds produced by the device.
7) Based on the IDs of the metals you don’t want to detect, you can adjust the DISC. setting and ignore those metals. For instance, if you don’t want to detect ferrous metals with 00-05 ID in the 2 TONE mode, you can set the DISC. to 5.
8) If you are detecting in a very trashy area and the device is getting too many iron signals, instead of DISC. you can use the TONE V. Setting of the Anfibio 14 or Anfibio Multi to lower or completely turn off the volume of the Z1 iron zone. Same can be done on the Anfibio 19 with Fe Vol. setting. This will provide more depth.
9) You can filter out certain Target IDs using the NOTCH and enable the device to ignore these metals during searching or adjust the volume of the audio response the device will emit for these targets by using the NOTCH V. setting.
10) If you wish, you can adjust the tone break points of the device with the T.BREAK feature and change the frequency of the tones using the TONE setting.
11) You can now start searching.
12) Since your device operates with the motion principle, swing the search coil right and left maintaining 5cm (2″) distance above the ground. If the search coil does not move, the device will not provide any audio responses even if the coil is over a metal target.
13) When a target is detected, the ID of the target and its position on the ID scale will be displayed on the screen. The device will also produce an audio response according to the search mode selected.
14) Upon target detection, you can pinpoint the exact location of the target by pressing and holding the PP button. The audio volume will increase and the audio pitch will also increase as you approach the target.
Anfibio User Manual : https://www.noktadetectors.com/anfibio-user-manual/
Anfibio Series : https://www.noktadetectors.com/anfibio-series/